All About Air Fryer
What is an air fryer and how does it work? If you are on a kitchen equipment shopping spree, an air fryer is a must-have on your list. This is a specialized kind of device that actually uses hot air circulation to cook food and makes the food just as tasty and crisp as deep fried stuff. So, you will be able to savor fried delicacies, but without without risking your health.
How does an air fryer works?
Now that you know what is an air fryer; let’s see how does it work? An air fryer has a fan which circulates super-heated air (200 degree Celsius) all around the food compartment in which the food to be cooked is placed. This brings about browning changes on the upper layer of food, following the Maillard reaction. This way, you can brown your onions or cook perfect golden brown French fries just by the hot air circulation mechanism and without deep frying!
Also Read:Best Air Fryer In The Market
Let us further understand the various parts and their roles in cooking food within an air fryer. There is a cooking chamber where the food to be cooked is placed. The chamber is the heating point which provides the necessary temperature. A simple fan and grill are used to blast heated air which circulates at a high speed all around the food. Just above the cooking chamber, there is an exhaust fan, which actually helps to create the necessary airflow. This innovative Rapid Air Technology is simple yet very effective in making the food crisp and brown.
Is it healthy to use an air fryer?
Yes, of course, it is! As a matter of fact, you can bake soft muffins, make samosas and even grill sandwiches or meat without adding several tsp of oil unlike in deep frying. This major cut down on the quantity of oil makes an air fryer a healthier and more nutritious option. The fat intake reduces substantially, without affecting the taste and texture of the food. Leading brands claim an 80% reduction in fat consumption while cooking in an air fryer as compared to cooking in a traditional fryer.
How to use an air fryer?
Using an air fryer is not a rocket science. You just need to follow these steps:
- Preheat the air fryer, just for about three minutes or so to reach the necessary temperature. There is a temperature control knob outside which lets you choose the desired temperature according to the food you are cooking.
- Apply a little oil over the food to be cooked and place it in the cooking tray which should also be lined with a bit of cooking spray to avoid sticking. The food should be placed with some space in between so that the circulating air can cook them all uniformly.
- Use the timer to set the air fryer for a particular time, again depending on the food you are cooking.
- Keep rotating or shaking smaller food pieces like fries after every 5-10 minutes.
- After the cooking is over, the fryer should be cleaned well and excess droppings should be removed by soaking and washing the cooking basket.
So, now that you know what is an air fryer, you can definitely think of adding this revolutionary gadget to your kitchen!